Each year an Oklahoma senator makes a list of wasteful government spending, according to our newspartner Al.com. The list has 100-entries with some mind-boggling numbers.
Alabama isn’t immune Oklahoma Senator Tom Coburn’s list, with five incidents making the list. Coburn’s list of wasteful government spending in the state includes:
- A Central Alabama Veterans Health Care Systems employee allegedly taking a patient to a crack house to purchase drugs and solicit prostitutes.
- The VA facility is called out again, this time for mismanagement related to patient care, wait lists and top leaders on administrative leave.
- The Army spent $414,000 on a video game developed at Redstone Arsenal to help recruiting. The game has cost nearly $33 million to develop and update since 2009.
- A $3.5 million splash pad in Gadsden also makes the list.
- The Missile Defense Agency, with operations in Huntsville, spent $998 million on defense systems with a…
View original post 13 more words